You're currently on:
Terms & Conditions
- Shipping & Delivery
- Shipping is by reliable New Zealand services, and all items leave us in good condition.
- Privacy & Security
- We take privacy and security seriously. We use the trusted Third Party, PayPal, to process your credit card and do not have access to your card details. We will not use the personal information you give us during your purchase or newsletter signup for any other purpose without your consent, unless that other use is authorised by the Privacy Act 1993. We will not keep your personal information longer than is required for the purposes for which the information may be lawfully used. We do not intentionally collect personal information from children .We do not disclose your personal information to any other party in a form that would identify you, except if authorised or required by law.
- Returns & Replacements
- If you're not 100% completely satisfied with your purchase we will happily accept your return and provide you with a credit note. We ask is that you send the item back to us unused and in the original packaging, making sure that the product is in the same condition as you received it in. You can return your purchase for up to 14 days from the purchase date. Products must be unused and in the same condition as when you received them and in the original box and/or packaging.
Here's what you need to do:
1. Using a good carton, return package via insured Courier Post Mail or other Parcel Carrier of your choice.
2. Download and complete a returns form from our webpage? and include this within the parcel.
3. Send returns to: Gear Central, Bishopdale Mall, Christchurch, New Zealand (NOTE: Cash on Deliveries (CODs) will not be accepted)
4. Keep a record of your shipment until you have received your replacement, credit or refund.
These are the options available for our customers who would like to return a product:
If a product is unsatisfactory, we can offer to exchange it for another one (i.e. a different size or colour etc) or another product of the same value. Please note, as mentioned above, products returned or exchanged must be unused, in a resalable condition with packaging intact and all labels etc returned with the item.
2. Credit Note
The issuing of credit notes provides an alternative to a refund or exchange. These credit notes can be used to purchase anything from the Gear Central online store. Credit notes can not be exchanged for cash and will not be generated for amounts less than $2.00.
If the returned product is still under warranty then the repair will be at our expense. If the product is out of warranty, then we can still have the product repaired, however, the cost of the repair will be charged to the customer.
- Consumer Guarantees Act 1993
The Consumer Guarantee Act sets out minimum standards for goods sold by Gear Central. In the event that goods sold are not of good quality or are faulty, the customer has the right to a repair, replacement or a refund.
Fair Trading Act 1986
The Fair Trading Act is designed to protect the customer being misled, either intentionally or unintentionally. This applies to all aspects of the promotion and sale of goods and services including: pricing; where the product was made; where the product is from; the meeting of New Zealand safety standards; availability of products in store and the sales techniques used. The Commerce Commission enforces the Fair Trading Act 1986.
- Gear Centrals warranty policy covers our products for 12 months from the purchase date. Warranty claims cover any fault, defect or failure occurring as a result of the manufacturing process. Damage or faults occurring as a result of misuse, accident, or wear and tear is not covered by our warranty policy. If the product is still under warranty then the repair will be at our expense including the freight to return the repaired or replacement product. If the product is out of warranty, then we can still have the product repaired, however, the cost of the repair will be charged to the customer.
Gear Central's Warranty Policy is as follows:
1. We will endeavour to repair any fault to a factory issue standard and return it to you at no charge.
2. Where repair is not possible or practical we will replace the product with the same or similar product.
3. If a repair or replacement is not possible due to the product being unavailable we will exchange it for any of Gear Centrals products of the same value as your original purchase price.
4. Where none of the above solutions is possible or practical then you have the option of receiving a full refund or store credit.